Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 PRO: FINAL LONG TERM REVIEW

Again I did mess having a trackpad might not be as big a deal for some but my keyboards and pointing devices kind of go together. The experience here just felt a little jarring. The keyboard itself feels spacious, as spacious as possible given the 11-inch tablet we are dealing with the 1.2-millimeter travel I mean, diving into this was nice to know that the way Xiaomi is implemented this keyboard means the angle at which the tablet is when you when the keyboard is attached. It's fixed. You can't change it, which is something you could do with both Apple and Sony But this angle seems to be fine for most use cases, so I didn't particularly mind it. Talking about use cases. One major use case for tablets, especially these days is video conferencing. 

Xiaomi Mi Pad 5: FINAL LONG TERM REVIEW
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5: FINAL LONG TERM REVIEW

Whether it's talking to our loved ones over Skype or attending a class or that business call over zoom, the selfie camera hi, I wish it was aligned for lamp landscape instead of portrait. The camera itself does fairly well. This is an eight-megapixel f2 With electronic stabilization and shoots good selfies. And the selfie video was much better than I anticipated. Not to the back we have a single 13 megapixel F two camera and from a tablet camera perspective. It feels solid. As you can see, the images turned out just fine. Even low light shots with night mode enabled weren't horrible. And if you should shoot video, I'd recommend you to not cause 4k 30 isn't usable. I mean, just don't be that guy. from a software perspective, we have the tablet version of my way which is just like the regular version of my UI, but with some cosmetic changes and weird omissions, like say the theme store. I can't believe it's been seven whole years since the first iPad launched. And we are still asking for theme support. 

Now barring that the user experience is excellent everything feels smooth and fluid on this 120 hertz IPS panel I would have preferred Amylin hell, yes, but this is very good. It's pretty punchy and has both HDR 10 as well as Dolby Vision support, the resolution builder was a little lower Quad HD so we get a very crisp 274 pixels per inch 16 by 10 aspect ratio display the Xiaomi pad five is pretty easy. On the other hand, it's a little over 500 grams at 6.9 millimeters thick. Even with the keyboard case on I didn't mind the way it usually I mean, I do remove the magnetic Keyboard Case from time to time when I read comics or something if I'm using it for a little too long. But for the most part, the iPad Five is pretty reliable for a tablet with an 11-inch screen. 

And as you can see gaming on this was a pleasant experience the excellent display of the speakers and most importantly, the SOC on the inside Qualcomm Snapdragon 860, which is a 55 plus with a new name. But even a two-year-old flagship Qualcomm chip manages to perform perfectly fine, we get six gigs of RAM and 128 or 256 gigs of onboard storage, and running things off is at 720 milliamp-hour battery. The battery life on this thing's insane, the idle drain is negligible. So even I generally use tablets for a little bit of night reading or watching some videos in bed my usage isn't particularly taxing, say it's 45 minutes to an hour each day on average. And I could get multiple days out of this, the idle battery drain is tallow. The bad five also supports up to 33 watts of charging, but at least in some markets, Xiaomi is only including a 22 and a half-watt charger in the box. 

So what we have so far built-in design, I'm gonna call it excellent. The display is very good performance again, a very good battery and charging. I'm gonna bring that back to excellent user experience elevated very good talk a few points for this being new and having some ads in it. But hey, the global ROM is supposed to be ad-free, so feel free to change the rating if you want to. And finally the price Xiaomi has priced the bad five at 9099 Yuan and China converts to roughly 23,000 rupees or 310 US dollars. In Europe. They've launched it at 350 euros though, which is no surprise given the European prices are generally much higher. 

For this asking price Shang seems to have put together one hell of a tablet, probably the best bang for your buck Android tablet available today. Come to think of it there are only two other tablets that I could see myself recommending over this at around this price. One the Lenovo Pad Pro 11's the one that's got pretty much the same specs, it's got an 870 instead just like the Xiaomi pad five Pro, it's also priced the same as the bad five Pro. 

What I love about that tablet is the fact that it rates this 120 hertz LCD for a 90 hertz OLED which I think is perfect. Now the other tablet I see as competition is whatever iPads priced around the same. I mean with Apple you're gonna have to go back a few years to hit this price point. And so the show me bad five is gonna be better on all fronts. You know, the display, build whatever battery is going to have better specs, but at the end of the day all mean this equation it boils down to Apple versus Android and sadly Apple has done a much better job but tablet adoption, which means there are way more optimized ads for tablets on the Apple side of things. Shall we die to go that's been my take on Xiaomi start five, an excellent tablet that checks almost all the boxes?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post